All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a sociological perspective of gender that can be applied to our lives. Focusing on the most recent research and theory-both in the U.S. and globally-Gender Roles, 6e provides an in-depth, survey and analysis of modern gender roles and issues from a sociological perspective. The text integrates insights and research from other disciplines such as biology, psychology, anthropology, and history to help build more robust theories of gender roles.
- Author BiographyLinda Lee Lindsey is Professor Emeritus of Sociology at Maryville University of St. Louis, and Senior Lecturer in American Culture Studies at Washington University in St. Louis. She received her B.A. from University of Missouri of St. Louis and holds an M.A. and Ph.D. in sociology from Case Western Reserve University and a later M.A. in education from St. Louis University. Her research, writing, and teaching focus on gender, American diversity, globalization, and health and society. Her text, Gender Roles: A Sociological Perspective (6th edition) incorporates much of this research. She works extensively with the Asian Studies Development Program, a joint program of the East-West Center and University of Hawaii, assisting with institutes and leading professional development field seminars for college faculty in Asia. Fulbright and other grants and opportunities have allowed study in China, India, Pakistan, Japan, and Jordan. Work with NGOs on development efforts has also taken her to North and Sub-Saharan Africa. Global and diversity perspectives continue to inform her career, especially in writing for students and in offering gender perspectives to non-academic audiences. A longtime volunteer, she works with agencies on behalf of women's advocacy, health, and relief and development. She is immediate Past President of the Midwest Sociological Society and has been elected to Who's Who in American Women and Who's Who in America.
- Author(s)Linda L. Lindsey
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight800 g
- Width189 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $10.51Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.