All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an accessible and interdisciplinary introduction to current debates on gender, exploring the major theorists whose work has produced and inspired feminist analysis in women's/gender studies, cultural studies and sociology. By clarifying and explaining the concepts of gender analysis and by demonstrating ways of working with these concepts, the authors involve the readers directly in the reading process and leave them feeling empowered. Accessible introductions to the work of major theorists help to give difficult concepts a context and the theory is related back to practice and to related fields such as class and race analysis throughout.
- Author BiographyANNE CRANNY-FRANCIS is Associate Professor in English and Cultural Studies, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia. WENDY WARING is Director of the Institute for Women's Studies, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia. PAM STAVROPOULOS lectures in the Department of Politics at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia. JOAN KIRKBY is an Associate Professor in Critical and Cultural Studies at Macquarie University. She has published a book on Emily Dickinson in the Palgrave Women Writers Series, a major series of articles entitled 'The Lure of Abjeciton' on Australian culture using a Kristeven paradigm. She is currently working on a monograph 'Reading U.S. Culture'.
- Author(s)Anne Cranny-Francis
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/11/2002
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight433 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.