Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.05+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionGender, Work and Tourism examines the central role played by women in the tourism industry. It discusses the nature of their work and the ways in which tourism creates tensions between the attitude and conduct of tourists and the beliefs and behaviour of local women. Among the areas explored are: the segmentation of tourism work in Northern Cyprus; women's and men's work in Bali and the division of social and political power; gendered tourism work in Mexico and the Philippines; material and ideological changes in sex tourism in South-East Asia and the exploitation of South-East Asian women in Japan.
- Author BiographyThea Sinclair is Senior Lecturer in Economics and Director of the Tourism Research Centre at the University of Kent
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/12/1996
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notemaps
- Weight362 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byM. Thea Sinclair
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.