All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionEntrepreneurship can be read as a cultural and ecomic phemen. In recent times, gender has become an increasing influence on entrepreneurship. This groundbreaking new study considers both gender and entrepreneurship as symbolic forms, looking at their diverse patterns and social representation. Presenting an ethgraphic study of the gender structuring of entrepreneurship, this work employs three strategies: A critical survey of gender studies which argues that entrepreneurship is a cultural model of masculinity that obstructs the expression of other models; 'Reflexive' ethgraphic observation conducted in five small firms which describes how business cultures are 'gendered' and how gender is the product of a social practice; An analysis of how discursive and narrative practices in business cultures constitute gender and entrepreneurship.
- Author BiographyAttila Bruni is lecturer of Sociology of Organization/Organizational Ethnography at Venice University, Italy. Silvia Gherardi is Professor of Sociology of Organization at the University of Trento. Barbara Poggio is Lecturer of Sociology of Organization at the University of Siena.
- Author(s)Attila Bruni,Barbara Poggio,Silvia Gheraradi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/10/2008
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight356 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.