All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis book showcases new work done by gender politics scholars and political psychologists, covering a variety of political psychology topics. These include stereotyping and prejudice, intergroup conflict, social identity, attitude formation, group affinity, group decision-making, anxiety, contextual effects on individual behaviour, and the evolutionary roots of political behaviour. Political psychological insights are applied to address topics of longstanding concern within the field of gender and politics. Among the citizenry, gender differences in political ideology, responses to partisan conflict, Hispanic identity formation, and symbolic racism are explored. Other chapters pose the following questions relating to female candidates: What have been the effects of state parties' gender-inclusive policies? Who is most likely to gender stereotype candidates? Are general attitudes toward women in political office related to vote choice in specific contests? What are the implications of politicized motherhood? Finally, a set of essays engage a variety of themes related to gender, decision-making rules, and authority in small deliberative bodies. This book was originally published as a special issue of Politics, Groups, and Identities.
- Author BiographyZoe M. Oxley is Professor of Political Science at Union College, Schenectady, NY, USA. Her research interests include women in electoral politics, gender and public opinion, gender stereotyping, and the effects of the media on public opinion. She is the co-author of Public Opinion: Democratic Ideals, Democratic Practice (2012).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/11/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight558 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byZoe M. Oxley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.