All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionViolence affects the ecomy of production and the ecology of reproduction- the production of ecomic goods and services and the generational reproduction of workers, the regeneration of the capacity to work and maintenance of workers on a daily basis, and the renewal of culture and society through community relations and the education of children Gender and the Political Ecomy of Conflict in Africa explores the persistence of violence in conflict zones in Africa using a political ecomy framework. This framework employs an analysis of violence on both edges of the spectrum-a macro-ecomic analysis of violence against workers and a micro-political analysis of the violence in women's reproductive lives. These analyses come together to create a new explanation of why violence persists, a new political ecomy of violence against women, and a new theoretical understanding of the relation between production and reproduction. Three case studies are discussed: the Democratic Republic of the Congo (violence in an era of conflict), Sierra Leone (violence post-conflict), and Tanzania (which has t seen armed conflict on the mainland). This book fills a significant gap on the political ecomy of war and women/gender for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as researchers in African Studies, Gender Studies, and Peace and Conflict Studies.
- Author BiographyMeredeth Turshen is Professor at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, USA.
- Author(s)Meredeth Turshen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in African Development
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.