All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- Description* How are higher education institutions repositioning themselves to meet the demands of the global kwledge ecomy? * How has the restructuring of universities impacted upon their framework, practices and academics, and what has been the gendered nature of these changes? * How do women managers in academia address the management of change in the context of the new corporate managerialism? Gender and the Restructured University explores the impact of globalization and organizational change on academic institutions and their staff. It considers the restructuring of universities as part of a broader process of reconstructing academic identities for the global kwledge ecomy. It considers the corporatization of academic life and its particular implications for academic women. Finally, it looks closely at how women managers w handle the management of change within their own institutions against the backdrop of the past decade's globalization and restructuring of academia.
- Author BiographyAnn Brooks is a Senior Lecturer in Sociology at Massey University in New Zealand. Alison Mackinnon is Professor of History and Gender Studies and Director of the Hawke Institute, University of South Australia.
- Author(s)Ann Brooks
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2001
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight710 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byAlison Mackinnon
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.