All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionCovering societies from classical times to the twenty-first century, Gender in World History is a fascinating exploration of what happens to established ideas about men, women, and gender roles when different cultural systems come into contact. The book breaks new ground to facilitate a consistent approach to gender in a world history context. Now in its third edition, the book has been thoroughly updated, including: * expanded treatment of Africa under Islamic influence * expanded discussion of southeast Asia * a new chapter on contemporary Latin America * representations of individual women * engagement with recent work on gender history and theory. With truly global coverage, this book enables students to understand how gender roles have varied across the world and over time, and the vital role of gender in structuring social and political relationships. Providing a succinct, current overview of the history of gender throughout the world, Gender in World History remains essential reading for students of world history.
- Author BiographyPeter N. Stearns is Provost Emeritus and Professor of History at George Mason University. He is the author of many books, including World History: The Basics, and The Industrial Revolution in World History.
- Author(s)Peter N. Stearns
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2015
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThemes in World History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.