All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionGender in a Transitional Era addresses a range of issues relevant in current gender and sexuality studies scholarship which span many disciplines. The contributors prioritize the critical thinking that continues to support the tion that we, as a society, still have a ways to go toward full gender equality in all spheres of life. This collection positions marginal voices at the center of complex gender issues in today's society. Broad thematic topic areas include parental identities, advice, and self-help; gender performances and role expectations in media; interacting within organizational and social spaces; and tensions and negotiations on politics, health, and feminisms. Though there is still much work to be done concerning an array of gender equality issues, scholars in this collection interrogate a transitional era of gender in which changes are evident, yet challenges persist.
- Author BiographyAmanda R. Martinez is assistant professor in communication studies, sociology, and gender and sexuality studies at Davidson College. Lucy J. Miller is adjunct professor in the Department of Arts and Humanities at the University of Houston-Downtown.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication24/08/2016
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note7 tables
- Weight485 g
- Width153 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAmanda R. Martinez,Lucy J. Miller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.