All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text is an attempt to evaluate the extent to which gender analysis has succeeded in both informing and challenging established views of culture, society and literary production in the Middle East. Contributors from the fields of history, anthropology, political sociology, international relations and literary criticism illustrate how a focus on gender may modify our disciplinary perspectives, our understanding of the region and of feminist praxis within it. Their explorations, ranging from political discourse in Iran and inheritance strategies in Palestine to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, women's writing in Egypt, and methodological dilemmas in fieldwork, demonstrate how a focus on gender may act as a powerful tool of social criticism.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication31/12/1995
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleReview of Middle East Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDeniz Kandiyoti
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.94
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.