All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $60.02Trending at AU $60.83
- AU $29.98Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionWith General from the Jungle, the sixth and last of B. Traven's legendary Jungle Novels, Ivan R Dee completes the republication of this multivolume fictional epic of the birth of the Mexican Revolution. In General, a masterpiece on guerrilla warfare, Traven tells the story of Juan Mendez, perhaps the youngest and greatest of the Indian rebel chieftains, who leads an ill-equipped and hungry band against the government forces. With brilliance and cunning, Mendez brutally attacks the federally protected fincas. The book is filled with marvelously drawn characters, yet the true hero is the army itself-illiterate, uneducated, and poor, but resourceful and dangerous. Beyond his great storytelling, Traven's work has a special resonance today because of recent uprisings in the Chiapas highlands of southern Mexico, the very locale of his writings.
- Author BiographyThe mysterious B. Traven (1890-1969) was born in Chicago, spent his youth in Germany as an itinerant actor and revolutionary journalist, became a seaman on tramp steamers, settled in Mexico in the early 1920s, and began recording his experience in novels and stories. In the United States his best-known novel is The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
- Author(s)B. Traven
- PublisherIvan R Dee, Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1995
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleJungle Novels
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIvan R Dee, Inc
- Weight313 g
- Width147 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.