All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionNote: This is the bound book only and does t include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134403347. A firm foundation for understanding empowerment-focused social work, engaging clients, conducting solution-oriented assessment, and implementing, evaluating, and stabilizing change. This widely popular resource provides a firm foundation for understanding empowerment-focused social work, engaging clients, conducting solution-oriented assessment, and implementing, evaluating, and stabilizing change. It demonstrates a progressive practice approach that is grounded in social work research, reflective of social work values, sensitive to client diversity, and applicable to working with any level of client system including individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities. General Social Work Practice gives readers a method that fully realizes core social work values, respects client competence, and activates client resources within the context of their lives, beginning with engaging clients as partners and continuing with assessing, intervening, and evaluating from a strengths perspective. Thoroughly up to date, the book includes relevant information on contemporary trends in social work practice, revisions of the popular critical thinking questions consistent with the Council on Social Work Educations' (CSWE) current core competencies and practice behaviors, and new links to e-resources to promote student learning and assessment. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos and assessments. Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is: * Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience. * Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(R) and Android(R) tablet.* * Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone for 50-60% less than a print bound book. *The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are t available in third-party eTexts or downloads. *The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7 or 10 tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
- Author BiographyKarla Krogsrud Miley, A.M., ACSW, retired in 2009 from her appointment as professor and Chair of the Department of Social, Behavioral, and Educational Studies at Black Hawk College in Moline, Illinois, where she taught life span psychology, introductory psychology, and introductory social work. She continues to teach human behavior theory as an adjunct professor for the St. Ambrose University MSW program in Davenport, Iowa. A graduate of the University of Chicago, School of Social Service Administration, and a licensed social worker in Illinois, Miley has experience in a variety of fields of practice, including school social work and aging services. She has extensive experience in facilitating workshops and conference sessions on generalist social work and empowerment and social justice. She has served on the editorial board of Social Work Education and on the Social Work Advisory Board for Pearson Education. Professor Miley is a coauthor of Social Work: An Empowering Profession (8th edition), co-editor of Pathways to Power: Reading in Contextual Social Work Practice, and works collaboratively with Michael O'Melia and Brenda DuBois in writing Generalist Social Work Practice: An Empowering Approach (8th edition, forthcoming). Michael O'Melia is a retired Associate Professor in the St. Ambrose University MSW Program, Davenport, Iowa. He specialized in teaching clinical social work with expertise in generalist, collaborative, and anti-oppressive methods. O'Melia is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Illinois, working for over forty years with individuals, couples, families and small groups in child welfare, delinquency prevention, family therapy, and school-based practice settings. In addition to co-authoring Generalist Social Work Practice: An Empowering Approach, O'Melia is co-editor of Pathways to Power: Reading in Contextual Social Work Practice. Functioning as a community trainer and program consultant, O'Melia focuses on developing culturally competent practices, working with resistant and mandated clients, and implementing strength-based clinical strategies. He has been a member of the Social Work Advisory Board for Pearson Education, serves on the Editorial Advisory Board of the Rumanian Social Work Review, and contributes as a reviewer to the Journal of Progressive Human Services. Brenda DuBois, PhD, MSW, professor emerita, was the director of the graduate School of Social work at St. Ambrose University, Davenport, Iowa. A graduate of the University of Iowa (social work) and Illinois State University (Higher Education Administration), Dr. DuBois has been a social work educator for 35 years, in both BSW and MSW programs, with teaching specialties in generalist practice, social welfare history and policy, social justice, empowerment, and ethics. She has served on several community boards and service delivery planning groups. Additionally, as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Illinois she has extensive experience in facilitating workshops, staff development training, and conference sessions on generalist social work, empowerment social work, social justice, and social work ethics. Dr. DuBois is a coauthor with Karla Miley of Social Work: An Empowering Profession (8th edition) and works collaboratively with Karla Miley and Michael O'Melia in writing Generalist Social Work Practice: An Empowering Approach (8th edition, forthcoming).
- Author(s)Brenda L. DuBois,Karla Krogsrud Miley,Michael W. O'Melia
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication04/01/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight857 g
- Width230 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine150 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.