All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean to be young and Muslim today? There is a segment of the world's 1.6 billion Muslims that is more influential than any other, and will shape t just the future of Muslims, but also the world around them: meet 'Generation M'.From fashion magazines to social networking, the 'Mipsterz' to the 'Haloodies', halal internet dating to Muslim boy bands, Generation M are making their mark. Shelina Janmohamed, award-winning author and leading voice on Muslim youth, investigates this growing cultural phemen at a time when understanding the mindset of young Muslims is critical. With their belief in an identity encompassing both faith and modernity, Generation M are t only adapting to Western consumerism, but reclaiming it as their own.
- Author BiographyShelina Janmohamed is the bestselling author of Love in a Headscarf. She is an established commentator on Muslim social and religious trends, and has written for the Guardian, the National and the BBC.
- Author(s)Shelina Janmohamed
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 bw integrated
- Weight340 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.