All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 2003 Grutter v. Bollinger University of Michigan Law School affirmative action case, Sandra Day O'Conr declared on behalf of the majority of justices that, 'We expect that 25 years from w, the use of racial preferences will longer be necessary.' As this amounts to less than a mandate that affirmative action for college admissions must end by the year 2028, the research in this book examines the progress that must be made in the one generation to fully close the black-white test score gap. The authors draw upon the best available research in considering a broad range of policy alternatives - accountability, school choice, preschool programs, and greater resource commitments - to identify what is most likely to create an educational system that enables all students, regardless of their racial and ecomic background, to achieve at equal levels. The result is an historic volume that will shape the debate over education reform for years to come.
- Author BiographyPaul E. Peterson is the Henry Lee Shattuck Professor of Government and Director of the Program on Education Policy and Governance at Harvard University, and Editor-In-Chief of Education Next, a journal of opinion and research on education policy. Peterson is the author or editor over one hundred articles and twenty books and is a former director of the Center for American Political Studies at Harvard University and of the Governmental Studies program at the Brookings Institution.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication29/12/2005
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width229 mm
- Height148 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byPaul E. Peterson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.