CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionWorking from the conviction that Genesis can be read as a coherent whole, this commentary foregrounds the sophistication of Hebrew narrative art, in particular its depiction of plot and character, and the interpretative possibilities raised by its intertextuality. Apparently simple and independent episodes emerge as complex and interconnected, constantly challenging readers to readjust their assessments of characters and expectations of plot development. Approaching the text predominantly from the perspective of a 'first-time reader', this commentary underscores the narrative's surprises, ironies and innovations.
- Author(s)Laurence A. Turner
- PublisherSheffield Phoenix Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2009
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleReadings - A New Biblical Commentary S.
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSheffield Phoenix Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight351 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsDigest format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.