Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionIt is well kwn that the quality of life is dependent on the genetic endowment of individual inherited from the parents and the interaction between genetic attributes and environment including various physical, social, socio-biological and cultural factors which undoubtedly form an integral component of heritage. It has been estimated that almost six per cent of all live born infants suffer from hereditary diseases and defects. The book 'Genetic Diseases and Health Care' is a comprehensive, one embodying in simple language the characteristics, diagsis, distribution and management of some common genetic diseases. The distribution of various genetic diseases (sickling, thalassemias, G-6-PD) in India have been shown in the form of maps, standard techniques and simple field oriented equipment for mass screening of genetic diseases. Management of genetic diseases and genetic counseling are discussed in detail. This publication would be highly useful as a guide for students, research scholars and health functionaries from Universities, Research Organisations, Medical Colleges, Tribal Research Institutes, District Hospitals and Primary Health Centres.
- Author(s)Salil Basu
- PublisherLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Date of Publication13/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Weight163 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.