Genetic Testing: Care, Consent and Liability by Neil F. Sharpe, Ronald F. Carter (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a complete review of the issues with specific recommendations and guidelines. With over 1,000 tests commercially available, genetic testing is revolutionizing medicine. Health care professionals diagsing and treating patients today must consider genetic factors, the risks and limitations of genetic testing, and the relevant law. Genetic Testing: Care, Consent, and Liability offers the only complete, practical treatment of the genetic, clinical, ethical, and legal issue surrounding genetic testing. The authors present protocols, policies, and models of care that are currently in use, and explain the legal framework for genetic testing and counseling that has developed in North America, particularly with regard to the law of medical malpractice.This essential book features an international roster of esteemed contributors including, Nancy P. Callanan, Bonnie S. LeRoy, Carole H. Browner, H. Mabel Preloran, Riyana Babul-Hirji, Cheryl Shuman, M.J. Esplen, Maren T. Scheuner, Dena S. Davis, JonBeckwith, Lisa Geller, Mark A. Hall, Andrew R. MacRae, David Chitayat, Roxanne Mykitiuk, Stephanie Turnham, Mireille Lacroix, Jinger G, Hoop, Edwin H, Cook, Jr., S. H. Dinwiddie, Elliot S.Gershon, C. Anthony Rupar, Lynn Holt, Bruce R. Korf, Anne Summers, S. Annie Adams, Daniel L. Van Dyke, Rhett P. Ketterling, Erik C. Thorland, Timothy Caulfield, Lorraine Sheremeta, Richard Gold, Jon F. Merz, David Castle, Peter J. Bridge, JS Parboosingh, Patricia T. Kelly, Julianne M. O'Daniel, Allyn McConkie-Rosell, Beatrice Godard, Bartha Maria Kppers, David Weisbrot.The coverage also includes: genetic screening, including prenatal, neonatal, carrier, and susceptibility testing; diagsis, risk assessment, confidentiality, and clinical/legal issues related to follow-up; interpreting test results and communicating them to patients psychological considerations; informed consent; family history evaluations; and referral to medical geneticists and genetic counselors. Genetic Testing Care, Consent, and Liability is a must-have resource for clinical geneticists, genetic counselors, specialists, family physicians, nurses, public health professionals, and medical students.
- Author BiographyNEIL F. SHARPE, LLB, LLM, Genetic Testing Research Group, was a practicing lawyer and subsequently received training in medical genetics and genetic counseling with a particular focus on the legal, ethical, social, and psychological aspects. he serves as a consultant in health policy, patient education, and the development of appropriate legal, medical, and counseling standards of care for the delivery genetic testing services. RONALD F. CARTER, PHD, FCCMG, GACMG is Director, Genetic Services, Hamilton Health Sciences and Professor, Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University. He is a former president of the Canadian College of Medical Genetics, and a founding fellow of the American College of Medical Genetics. Dr. Carter was appointed to direct a regional cytogenetics laboratory in 1991, and now directs a medical genetic service with a catchment of over two million people.
- Author(s)Neil F. Sharpe,Ronald F. Carter
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/02/2006
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight966 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.