Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionGenetically Engineered Marine Organisms: Environmental and Ecomic Risks and Benefits provides a comprehensive, multidisciplinary overview of the environmental, ecomic, and regulatory implications of advances in marine biotechlogy. The book has been specifically designed to bridge the gap between the rapidly advancing marine biotechlogy industry and the government agencies that are responsible for risk assessment and regulation. Editors Raymond Zilinskas and Peter Balint have brought together experts in risk assessment, marine ecology, biotechlogy, ecomics, and the law, to provide a unique way of examining complex issues in marine biotechlogy. The contributors present invative and challenging recommendations for protecting public health and the environment, while encouraging the development of beneficial new products in the field of marine biotechlogy. As an added feature, each chapter includes a comprehensive, up-to-date bibliography. Genetically Engineered Marine Organisms: Environmental and Ecomic Risks and Benefits will prove invaluable to students, researchers and public employees involved with risk assessment. The book will appeal to industry personnel involved with the preparation of marine biotechlogy products; scientists and administrators involved with applied research in marine biotechlogy; policy analysts concerned with the ecomics of marine fisheries; and university personnel who focus on the interaction of risk, techlogy, and public policy.
- Author(s)Peter J. Balint,Raymond A. Zilinskas
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight391 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1998
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.