All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionOver a decade ago, the field of bioethics was established in response to the increased control over the design of living organisms afforded by both medical genetics and biotechlogy. Since its introduction, bioethics has become established as an academic discipline with journals and professional societies, is covered regularly in the media, and affects people everyday around the globe. In response to the increasing need for information about medical genetics and biotechlogy as well as the ethical issues these fields raise, Sheed & Ward proudly presents the Readings in Bioethics Series. Edited by Thomas A. Shann, the series provides anthologies of critical essays and reflections by leading ethicists in four pivotal areas: reproductive techlogies, genetic techlogies, death and dying, and health care policy. The goal of this series is twofold: first, to provide a set of readers on thematic topics for introductory or survey courses in bioethics or for courses with a particular theme or time limitation. Second, each of the readers in this series is designed to help students focus more thoroughly and effectively on specific topics that flesh out the ethical issues at the core of bioethics. The series is also highly accessible to general readers interested in bioethics. This volume collects critical essays by leading scholars on issues in biotechlogy, genetic counseling and the disabled, population screening, race-based gamete selection, stem cell research, reproductive freedom and preimplantation diagsis, procreation for organ and tissue procurement, and other critical areas where moral and ethical dilemmas are emerging from new and existing practices, policy, and legislation.
- Author BiographyThomas A. Shannon is professor of religion and social ethics at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication20/01/2005
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleReadings in Bioethics
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byThomas A. Shannon
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.