All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow updated and expanded in its third edition, and featuring revised gegrams for easier reading, reflecting the growing and widespread use of gegrams for clinical intervention, this best-selling text provides a standard method for constructing a gegram, doing a gegram interview, and interpreting the results. Gegrams of famous families-Sigmund Freud, Woody Allen and Mia Farrow, the Kennedys, Jane Fonda and Ted Turner, Bill Clinton, Princess Diana, the Roosevelts, and Thomas Jefferson, to name a few-bring the text to life, and help to elucidate the principles of family systems theory and systemic interviewing, which form the basis of gegram work. Once these principles have been explained, the authors go on to present the important clinical applications of gegrams in both family therapy and family medicine. These applications include the effective assessment of patients' risk for emotional problems such as anxiety or depression; structural patterns among families such as divorce and remarriage; relationship patterns such as enmeshment, conflicts, and cut-offs; recent and chronic life stressors such as pregnancy, acute illness, poverty, and racism; and family life cycle transitions and developmental crises, among other uses. By providing a fascinating view into the richness of family dynamics, McGoldrick and her coauthors provide an invaluable guide to clinicians for accurately charting a family's structure, making it easier to scan for potential problems and take proactive steps to utilize resources when necessary.
- Author BiographyMonica McGoldrick, M.A., M.S.W., Ph.D., is co-founder and director of the Multicultural Family Institute in Highland Park, New Jersey, and adjunct faculty at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Her books include Ethnicity and Family Therapy, Third Edition, Genograms: Assessment and Intervention, Second Edition, The Expanded Family Life Cycle, Third Edition and The Genogram Journey. Randy Gerson, Ph.D., was Director of Atlanta College for Systemic Thinking until his death in 1995. Sueli Petry, Ph.D., is an Associate Faculty Member of the Multicultural Family Institute and is in private practice.
- Author(s)Monica McGoldrick,Randy Gerson,Sueli Petry
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication26/02/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note32-page color insert
- Weight760 g
- Width180 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.