All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionWith the decoding of whole geme sequences of many organisms, new vistas of research have emerged in computational biology. The scientific community has free access to the geme sequence data from the public databases. It is often hard to make sense of these huge data of DNA and protein sequences. Therefore, bioinformatics tools are used to handle, store and analyse geme sequence data. This book first discusses how whole geme sequences are generated by using high throughput DNA sequencing techlogies, before covering the storing of sequences in biological databases. It then covers the basic principals involved in sequence analysis and softwares applications, and offers practical exercises. Data mining approaches for the discovery of genes and DNA markers are also discussed. A glossary of important terms and an introduction to basic bioinformatics software is included. The book will serve as a textbook for B.Tech (bioinformatics and biotechlogy) students and will be useful reference book for postgraduate students and research scientists working in the life sciences, gemics, biotechlogy and molecular biology.
- Author(s)T.R. Sharma
- PublisherI K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintI K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd
- Weight340 g
- Width180 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.