All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionWith the detailed gemic information that is w becoming available, we have a plethora of data that allows researchers to address questions in a variety of areas. Geme-wide association studies (GWAS) have become a vital approach to identify candidate regions associated with complex diseases in human medicine, production traits in agriculture, and variation in wild populations. Gemic prediction goes a step further, attempting to predict phetypic variation in these traits from gemic information. Geme-Wide Association Studies and Gemic Prediction pulls together expert contributions to address this important area of study. The volume begins with a section covering the phetypes of interest as well as design issues for GWAS, then moves on to discuss efficient computational methods to store and handle large datasets, quality control measures, phasing, haplotype inference, and imputation. Later chapters deal with statistical approaches to data analysis where the experimental objective is either to confirm the biology by identifying gemic regions associated to a trait or to use the data to make gemic predictions about a future phetypic outcome (e.g. predict onset of disease). As part of the Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters provide helpful, real-world implementation advice.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication12/06/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number1019
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations, 31 colour illustrations, 47 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1272 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byBen Hayes,Cedric Gondro,Julius Van der Werf
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and Other digital
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.