All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionAdvances in Botanical Research publishes in-depth and up-to-date reviews on a wide range of topics in plant sciences. The series features several reviews by recognized experts on all aspects of plant genetics, biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, physiology, and ecology. Volume 78 focuses on the Gemes and Evolution of Charophytes, Bryophytes, Lycophytes, and Ferns. Sequencing of gemes of 'lower' animals such as sponges or hydrozoans has much informed our understanding of how metazoans evolved. On the plant side of things, sequencing and comparison of a moss and lycophyte geme with those of green algae and flowering plants has greatly informed our understanding of plant evolution. However, it has also become clear that we need to look into gemes of the closest algal relatives to land plants, the charophytes, and into further gemes of bryophytes, lycophytes, and ferns to unravel how land plants evolved.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Stefan Rensing works at the Department of Cell Biology, University of Marburg, and the Institute of Biology II, University of Freiburg.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Botanical Research
- Series Part/Volume Number78
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Volume editorRensing Stefan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.