All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on a large action research project, this book elaborates on how genre-based pedagogy can be extended to engage n-English speaking background students in tertiary educational institutions to develop their academic literacy practice, using online resources.
- Author BiographyShoshana J. Dreyfus is a freelance researcher and teacher who currently lectures in the Linguistics Department at the University of Sydney, Australia. Her research interests include discourse analysis, language disorder and academic literacy, in the systemic functional and Sydney School models of language. Sally Humphrey is Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Education, Australian Catholic University, Australia, and has worked for many years in educational semiotics and TESOL education. Sally is the co-writer of a number of textbooks, which introduce teachers to knowledge about language for discipline learning. Ahmar Mahboob teaches linguistics at the University of Sydney, Australia. Ahmar has worked in the areas of English language learning/teaching, teacher education, identity management, language policy & practice, minority languages, NNEST studies, pidgin and creole languages, Systemic Functional Linguistics, and World Englishes. Ahmar is currently the Editor of TESOL Quarterly. James R. Martin is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Sydney, Australia. His research interests include systemic theory, functional grammar, discourse semantics, register, genre, multimodality and critical discourse analysis. He was elected a fellow of the Australian Academy of the Humanities in 1998, and in April 2014 Shanghai Jiao Tong University opened its Martin Centre for Appliable Linguistics.
- Author(s)Ahmar Mahboob,James R. Martin,Sally Humphrey,Shoshana J. Dreyfus
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/10/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight525 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.