Consider these sponsored items
- AU $24.42Was:AU $24.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSarah Buckley might be called a third-wave natural birth advocate. A doctor and a mother, she approaches the question of how a woman and baby might have the most fulfilling birth experience with respect for the wisdom of both medical science and the human body. Using current medical and epidemiological research plus women's experiences (including her own), she demonstrates that what she calls 'undisturbed birth' is almost always healthier and safer than hospital births. Her wise counsel on issues like breastfeeding and sleeping during post-partum helps extend the gentle birth experience into a gentle parenting relationship.
- Author BiographySARAH BUCKLEY, MD, is an internationally known authority on natural birthing and parenting choices. She has published numerous articles in <i>Mothering</i> magazine and <i>Midwifery Today.</i> She lives in Brisbane, Australia. THE AUTHOR SCOOP <b>How long did it take you to write this book?</b>Around ten years since I wrote the first material, and around 9 months to rewrite and put it all together. <b>What was the hardest thing about writing a book?</b>Combining it with looking after 4 children <b>When did you know you were a writer?</b>When I was 10, I told my class teacher I wanted to be an author! <b>Favorite childhood book?</b>I was a precocious reader, I read <i>Jane Eyre</i> at age 10 and loved <i>Wuthering Heights</i>. <b>If you had to boil your book s message down to one sentence, what would it be? </b>Trust your body, trust your baby, follow your instincts <b>What are you working on now? </b>A commissioned report on the hormonal orchestration of labor <b>If you had a superpower, what would it be? </b>Sorting things out on every level, which includes a special talent for removing embedded hair ties from Barbie hair.
- Author(s)Sarah Buckley
- PublisherCelestial Arts
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCelestial Arts
- Weight562 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.83Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.