Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $35.58Trending at AU $38.59
- AU $34.99Trending at AU $35.72
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.08
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $14.33
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $11.30Trending at AU $13.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe place is St Oswald's, an old and long-established boys' grammar school in the rth of England. A new year has just begun, and for the staff and boys of the school, a wind of unwelcome change is blowing. Suits, paperwork and Information Techlogy rule the world and Roy Straitley, Latin master, eccentric, and veteran of St Oswald's, is finally - reluctantly - contemplating retirement. But beneath the little rivalries, petty disputes and everyday crises of the school, a darker undercurrent stirs. And a bitter grudge, hidden and carefully nurtured for thirteen years, is about to erupt. Who is Mole, the mysterious insider, whose cruel practical jokes are gradually escalating towards violence - and perhaps, murder? And how can an old and half-forgotten scandal become the stone that brings down a giant?
- Author BiographyJoanne Harris is one of our best-loved and most versatile novelists. She first appeared on the scene with the bestselling Chocolat (made into an Oscar-nominated film with Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp), which turned into the sensuous Lansquenet trilogy (with Lollipop Shoes and Peaches for Monsieur le Cure). She has since written acclaimed novels in such diverse genres as fantasy based on Norse myth (Runemarks, Runelight, The Gospel of Loki), and the Malbry cycle of dark psychological thrillers (Gentlemen & Players, Blueeyedboy, and now Different Class). Born in Barnsley, of an English father and a French mother, she spent fifteen years as a teacher before (somewhat reluctantly) becoming a full-time writer. In 2013, she was awarded an MBE. She lives in Yorkshire, plays bass in a band first formed when she was sixteen, works in a shed in her garden, spends far too much time online and occasionally dreams of faking her own death and going to live in Hawaii.
- Author(s)Joanne Harris
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication02/10/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Audio
- Weight210 g
- Width142 mm
- Height124 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Read byDerek Jacobi
- Contained items statement5 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time360
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.