All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding on the success of its 1993 predecessor, this second edition of Geochemistry, Groundwater and Pollution has been thoroughly re-written, updated and extended to provide a complete and authoritative account of modern hydrogeochemistry. Offering a quantitative approach to the study of groundwater quality and the interaction of water, minerals, gases, pollutants and microbes, this book shows how physical and chemical theory can be applied to explain observed water qualities and variations over space and time. Integral to the presentation, geochemical modelling using PHREEQC code is demonstrated, with step-by-step instructions for calculating and simulating field and laboratory data. Numerous figures and tables illustrate the theory, while worked examples including calculations and theoretical explanations assist the reader in gaining a deeper understanding of the concepts involved. A crucial read for students of hydrogeology, geochemistry and civil engineering, professionals in the water sciences will also find inspiration in the practical examples and modeling templates.
- Author BiographyDr Tony Appelo is a consultant based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Dr Dieke Postma teaches at the Danish Technical University in Lyngby, Denmark.
- Author(s)C. A. J. Appelo,Dieke Postma
- PublisherA A Balkema Publishers
- Date of Publication15/04/2005
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationRotterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintA A Balkema Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight1270 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byC. A. J. Appelo,Dieke Postma
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.