All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeographical Information Systems has moved from the domain of the computer specialist into the wider archaeological community, providing it with an exciting new research method. This clearly written but rigorous book provides a comprehensive guide to that use. Topics covered include: the theoretical context and the basics of GIS; data acquisition including database design; interpolation of elevation models; exploratory data analysis including spatial queries; statistical spatial analysis; map algebra; spatial operations including the calculation of slope and aspect, filtering and erosion modeling; methods for analysing regions; visibility analysis; network analysis including hydrological modeling; the production of high quality output for paper and electronic publication; and the use and production of metadata. Offering an extensive range of archaeological examples, it is an invaluable source of practical information for all archaeologists, whether engaged in cultural resource management or academic research. This is essential reading for both the vice and the advanced user.
- Author BiographyJames Conolly holds the Canada Research Chair in Archaeology at Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario. His research interests include landscape archaeology, quantitative methods and the origins of early agriculture. He is co-editor (with Sue Colledge) of Early Neolithic Agriculture in South West Asia and Europe (forthcoming). Mark Lake is a lecturer at the Institute of Archaeology, University College London. His research interests include early prehistory and evolutionary archaeology. He is a contributor to Handbook of Archaeological Sciences (forthcoming) and a member of the editorial board of World Archaeology.
- Author(s)James Conolly,Mark Lake
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/05/2006
- Series TitleCambridge Manuals in Archaeology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note188 figures
- Weight570 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $11.69
- AU $43.22Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.