All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter leaving the college she'd attended to escape her religiously conservative parents, Iliana, a first-generation Dominican-American woman, returns home to Brooklyn to find that her family is falling apart: one sister is careening toward mental collapse, ather sister is living in a decrepit building with her abusive husband and three children, and a third sister has simply disappeared. In this dislocating urban environment Iliana reluctantly confronts the anger and desperation that seem to seep through every crack of her family's small house, and experiences all the contradictions, superstitions, joys, and pains that come from a life caught between two cultures. In this magnificent debut vel, filled with graceful prose and searing detail, <b>Loida Maritza Perez</b> offers a penetrating portrait of the American immigrant experience as she explores the true meanings of identity, family--and home.
- Author Biography<b>Loida Maritza Perez</b> was born in the Dominican Republic in 1963. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Loida Maritza Perez
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2000
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date10/09/2002
- Weight242 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.