Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $260.17+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionUntil very recently questions of resistance seemed straightforward, addressed in terms of an analysis of power. This book demonstrates how new, radical geographies of resistance emerge, develop and operate. Radical cultural politics, exemplified by the black, feminist and gay liberation, has developed struggles to turn sites of oppression and discrimination into spaces of resistance. Post-colonial and queer theory have opened up new political spaces. Whether resistance is an act of transgression (crossing borders), opposition (such as constructing barricades), or everyday endurance (staying in place), these are geographies where space is constitutive of the social. Leading contemporary geographers draw on material from around the world, including Israel, Nepal, Canada, Philippines, Australia and Nigeria. Recasting current themes in critical human geography - politics, identity and place - the contributors introduce unexplored tions of resistance, offering exciting insights for those exploring social, cultural, urban, political and development issues in different worlds of change.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/06/1997
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byMichael Keith,Steven Pile
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.