Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionGeography and Plays is a collection of Gertrude Stein's writing from 1910 to 1920. Originally published in 1922 with an introduction by Sherwood Anderson, it has been virtually inaccessible for many years. This new paperback edition aims to make it possible for students and other devotees of Stein to see the developing strategies of one of the ackwledged giants of literary modernism, whose pathbreaking departures in literary style have recently been assigned still greater importance in the light of new theories about women's writing. A new introduction by Cyrena N. Pondrom provides contemporary readers with guidance on the importance of Stein's achievement in this early work.
- Author BiographyGertrude Stein (1874 1946) is also the author of Three Lives, Tender Buttons, The Making of Americans, The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas, and dozens of other novels, plays, poems, and stories. Cyrena N. Pondrom is professor of English and director of the Women s Studies Research Center at the University of Wisconsin Madison.
- Author(s)Gertrude Stein
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication30/11/1992
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Introduction bySherwood Anderson,Cyrena N. Pondrom
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.