About this product
- DescriptionGaining a better sense of how pupils conceive school geography is crucial if we are to understand the ways in which their ideas and values mediate learning processes. Geography in Secondary Schools explores how pupils experience geography lessons, what they think geography as a school subject is about, and what it means to them. School geography aims to help young people think about the world and their place in it in a distinctive - geographical - way. However very little is kwn about the kinds of thinking and values they associate with the subject. Researchers are increasingly taking young people's ideas seriously as important and worthy of investigation in their own right. In this book, Nick Hopwood takes such an approach to explore the relationships between pupils and geography as a school subject. He follows six pupils through their geography lessons for a period of three months, discussing their learning experiences in depth with them. Their participation in class, written work, and comments made in interviews form the basis for a detailed investigation of their ideas.
- Author BiographyNick Hopwood is Chancellor's Post Doctoral Research Fellow at the University of Technology, Sydney, Australia. He is also a Research Fellow at the Department of Education at the University of Oxford, UK.
- Author(s)Nick Hopwood
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight261 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.