All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDirected at advanced undergraduates and graduate students of mathematics, this classic overview explores affine and projective geometry, symplectic and orthogonal geometry, the general linear group, and the structure of symplectic and orthogonal groups. Ample evidence of the author's ability to penetrate a subject and to present material in a particularly elegant manner. - Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society.
- Author BiographyOne of the 20th century's most prominent mathematicians, Emil Artin (1898-1962) emigrated to the United States from Austria in 1936 and taught at Notre Dame, Indiana University, and Princeton before returning to Europe in the late 1950s. He wrote several books, including the Dover publications Galois Theory and The Gamma Function.
- Author(s)Emil Artin
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication26/02/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDover Books on Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight272 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.