All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese lecture tes are intended as a n-technical overview of scattering theory. The point of view adopted throughout is that scattering theory provides a parameterization of the continuous spectrum of an elliptic operator on a complete manifold with uniform structure at infinity. The simple and fundamental case of the Laplacian or Euclidean space is described in the first two lectures to introduce the basic framework of scattering theory. In the next three lectures various results on Euclidean scattering, and the methods used to prove them, are outlined. In the last three lectures these ideas are extended to n-Euclidean settings. These lecture tes will be of interest to graduate students and researchers in the field of applied mathematics.
- Author(s)Richard B. Melrose
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/07/1995
- Series TitleStanford Lectures: Distinguished Visiting Lecturers in Mathematics S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.1
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note13 b/w illus.
- Weight210 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.