Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionSymmetry is of interest in two ways, artistic and mathematical. It underlies much scientific thought, playing an important role in chemistry and atomic physics, and a dominant one in crystallography. It is important in architectural and engineering design and particularly in the decorative arts. This book provides a comprehensive account of symmetry in a form acceptable to readers without much detailed mathematical kwledge or experience who nevertheless want to understand the basic principles of the subject. It will be useful in school and other libraries and as preliminary reading for students of crystallography. The treatment is geometrical, which should appeal to art students and to readers whose mathematical interests are that way inclined.
- Author(s)E.H. Lockwood,R. H. Macmillan
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/01/2009
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight590 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.