All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first volume in a two-volume set, which will provide the complete proof of classification of two important classes of geometries, closely related to each other: Petersen and tilde geometries. There is an infinite family of tilde geometries associated with n-split extensions of symplectic groups over a field of two elements. Besides that there are twelve exceptional Petersen and tilde geometries. These exceptional geometries are related to sporadic simple groups, including the famous Monster group and this volume gives a construction for each of the Petersen and tilde geometries which provides an independent existence proof for the corresponding automorphism group. Important applications of Petersen and Tilde geometries are considered, including the so-called Y-presentations for the Monster and related groups, and a complete indentification of Y-groups is given. This is an essential purchase for researchers into finite group theory, finite geometries and algebraic combinatorics.
- Author(s)A. A. Ivanov
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2008
- Series TitleEncyclopedia of Mathematics and Its Applications
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 76
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note25 b/w illus.
- Weight620 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.