All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe fall of the Berlin Wall symbolized a dramatic turning point in the history of European politics and security. Geopolitics in Post-Wall Europe highlights the new relations between politics, culture and territory. It analyzes the major geopolitical shifts in the connection between security and identity. Part One covers the general geopolitical tendencies in Europe, including conflicts between 'culturism' and universalism, between national-romantic primordialism and cosmopolitan post-national identities, and between territory and escape from territory. Part Two deals with potential tensions between Russia and Europe and the possible emergence of a new European 'wall' between an extended NATO on the one hand, and Russia and the CIS on the other. Part Three focuses on the borderland between Europe, Russia and the Muslim world, with particular emphasis on the former Yugoslavia as a site of conflict between new 'metaphorical empires'.
- Author BiographyPavel Baev is a Senior Researcher and Head of Section at the Institute of Europe, Russian Academy of Sciences. He has written this book while on sabbatical leave as a researcher at the International Peace Research Institute, Oslo. He was previously a Senior Researcher at the Scientific-Research Institute of the Soviet Ministry of Defence, 1979 to 1988. His publications include Tactical Nuclear Weapons in Europe: The Problem of Reduction and Elimination. He is co-editor of the quarterly journal Security Dialogue.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/03/1997
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleInternational Peace Research Institute, Oslo (PRIO)
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 16
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight454 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byOla Tunander,Pavel Baev,Victoria Ingrid Einagel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.