All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionGeorg Lukcs stands as a towering figure in the areas of critical theory, literary criticism, aesthetics, ethical theory and the philosophy of Marxism and German Idealism. Yet, despite his influence throughout the twentieth century, his contributions to the humanities and theoretical social sciences are marked by neglect. What has been lost is a crucial thinker in the tradition of critical theory, but also, by extension, a crucial set of ideas that can be used to shed new light on the major problems of contemporary society. This book reconsiders Lukcs intellectual contributions in the light of recent intellectual developments in political theory, aesthetics, ethical theory, and social and cultural theory. An international team of contributors contend that Luk ideas and theoretical contributions have much to offer the theoretical paucity of the present. Ultimately the book reintegrates Lukcs as a central thinker, t only in the tradition of critical theory, but also as a major theorist and critic of modernity, of capitalism, and of new trends in political theory, cultural criticism and legal theory.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Thompson is Assistant Professor of Political Science at William Paterson University, USA. He is the author of The Politics of Inequality (Columbia University Press, 2007) and editor of Fleeing the City: Studies in the Culture and Politics of Antiurbanism (Palgrave Macmillan, 2009).
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight548 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMichael J. Thompson
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.