All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis translation of The Science of Logic (also kwn as 'Greater Logic') includes the revised Book I (1832), Book II (1813) and Book III (1816). Recent research has given us a detailed picture of the process that led Hegel to his final conception of the System and of the place of the Logic within it. We w understand how and why Hegel distanced himself from Schelling, how radical this break with his early mentor was, and to what extent it entailed a return (but with a difference) to Fichte and Kant. In the introduction to the volume, George Di Giovanni presents in syptic form the results of recent scholarship on the subject, and, while recognizing the fault lines in Hegel's System that allow opposite interpretations, argues that the Logic marks the end of classical metaphysics. The translation is accompanied by a full apparatus of historical and explanatory tes.
- Author BiographyGeorge Di Giovanni is Professor of Philosophy at McGill University, Montreal. His previous publications include Freedom and Religion in Kant and his Immediate Successors: The Vocation of Humankind, 1774-1800 (Cambridge University Press, 2005), Between Kant and Hegel: Texts in the Development of Post-Kantian Idealism (2000) and a title in the series The Cambridge Edition of the Works of Immanuel Kant, Religion and Rational Theology (Cambridge University Press, 1996).
- Author(s)Georg Wilhelm Fredrich Hegel
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- Series TitleCambridge Hegel Translations
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1140 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.