All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge Gershwin (1898-1937), during his short but prolific career, produced a varied body of work that combined symphonic composition with the musical styles popular in his era, including jazz and Negro spirituals. Kwn primarily for his jazz-tinged orchestral work Rhapsody in Blue, his folk opera Porgy and Bess, and his many wonderful songs featured in the films of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, Gershwin and his lyricist brother Ira were key figures in the songwriting circles of pre-war America. Rodney Greenberg's lively biography paints a vivid picture of this exciting era in the development of American music, and places Gershwin's life and career within the social and cultural contexts in which he flourished.
- Author BiographyRodney Greenberg has produced and directed over 300 television music programmes, including the televised Promenade Concerts and three documentaries on George Gershwin.
- Author(s)Rodney Greenberg
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width156 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.