All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge Lois is an American icon in graphic design. This book showcases his logos with his own comments on why they work. A bonus in the book is a chapter of world logos made by others with George Lois' comments on why they are so good. George Lois continues to prove that a memorable brand name interacting with a strong visual symbol to communicate a humanistic idea is the ultimate art form in popular graphic communication. His Big Idea branding and logo design, developed with a built-in, conceptual, catchy brand name, can visually impart information in a nasecond, delivering a specific ethos with a penetrating promise of power that immediately sears a product's virtues into a viewers' brain-and has the potential of bringing instantaneous success. Lois boldly states, My goal, with the vast majority of the brands I have named and logos I have designed, is to create 'humanistic' symbols, driven by a pregnant idea, visualizing some recognizable aspect of the human experience, and magically relating it to a unique selling proposition that empowers great advertising and promotion. If anyone wants to experience the creation of Big Idea Branding, this astounding compilation of the work of George Lois is the ultimate form of clear, precise, eye-popping communication.
- Author BiographyGeorge Lois, born June 26, 1931, in the Bronx, New York City, is an American art director, designer, and author. Lois is perhaps best known for over 92 covers he designed for Esquire magazine from 1962 to 1972. In 2008, The Museum of Modern Art exhibited 32 of Lois' Esquire covers.
- Author(s)George Lois
- PublisherBIS Publishers B.V.
- Date of Publication07/09/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintBIS Publishers B.V.
- Weight530 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.