All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge Lucas (born 1944) is a producer, screenwriter and director, who played a major role in the anti-establishment New Hollywood movement of the 1970s and helped define the blockbuster era of the 1980s. He is best kwn as the creator of the Star Wars space opera and the producer of the iconic Indiana Jones adventure film series. Lucas had directed THX 1138 (1971) and American Graffiti (1973) before launching, in 1977, the first film in the Star Wars franchise. Rapidly a worldwide pop culture phemen, this was followed by two sequels: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Return of the Jedi (1983). Sixteen years later a new trilogy, The Phantom Menace (1999), Attack of the Clones (2002) and Revenge of the Sith (2005), was released. The Star Wars series has spawned a range of other media, including TV series, video games and comic books. With this simple yet powerful saga, Lucas has created a brand, a business empire and a techlogical revolution.
- Author BiographyKarina Longworth is a film critic and journalist based in Los Angeles. Former editor of Cinematical and Spout, she is currently film editor of LA Weekly and regularly contributes to The Village Voice.
- Author(s)Karina Longworth
- PublisherCahiers du Cinema
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleMasters of Cinema
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintCahiers du Cinema
- Content Note100 colour
- Weight363 g
- Width195 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.