All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge Orwell remains an iconic figure today - even though he died in 1950. His dystopian vel Nineteen Eighty-Four depicts a Big Brother society in which the state intrudes into the most intimate details of people's lives - and, t surprisingly, it became a constant reference point after Edward Swden's revelations. The word Orwellian is constantly in the media - used either as a pejorative adjective to evoke totalitarian terror or as a complimentary adjective to mean displaying outspoken intellectual honesty . Interest in Orwell's life and writings - globally - continues unabated. Beginning with a preface by Richard Blair, Orwell's son, George Orwell Now! brings together thirteen chapters by leading international scholars in four thematic sections: * Peter Marks on Orwell and the history of surveillance studies; Florian Zollmann on Nineteen Eighty-Four in 2014; Henk Vynckier on Orwell's collecting project; and Adam Stock on 'Big Brother's Literary Offspring' * Paul Anderson In Defence of Bernard Crick ; Luke Seaber on the London Section of Down and Out in Paris and London ; John Newsinger on Orwell's Socialism ; and Philip Bounds on Orwell and the Anti-Austerity Left in Britain * Marina Remy on the Writing of Otherness in Burmese Days and Keep the Aspidistra Flying ; Sreya Mallika Datta and Utsa Mukherjee on Reassessing Ambivalence in Orwell's Burma ; and Shu-chu Wei on Orwell's Animal Farm alongside Chen Jo-his's Mayor Yin * Tim Crook on Orwell and the Radio Imagination ; and editor Richard Lance Keeble on Orwell and the War Reporter's Imagination Peter Stansky, in an afterword, argues that Orwell is w more relevant than ever before.
- Author BiographyRichard Lance Keeble has been Professor of Journalism at the University of Lincoln since 2003. He is the author or editor of 30 books on a wide range of subjects. In 2014 he was given a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Association for Journalism Education.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication09/09/2015
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Series TitleMass Communication & Journalism
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight460 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRichard Lance Keeble
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.