All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.66
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
About this product
- DescriptionA lifelong Tory but a man of few fixed convictions, the author of the most dramatic austerity programme this country has seen since the war, the most aristocratic member of an unusually privileged government and a ferociously ambitious moderniser with aspirations for the premiership, George Osborne is perhaps the most modern and metropolitan figure in British public life. This is the story of Osborne and the era he helped to shape. The Age of Osborne charts the mixture of rare brilliance, deadly opportunism and extraordinary good fortune that propelled his vertigius ascent through British politics, from journalist fresh out of university to the youngest Chancellor in over a century. In doing so, it paints a portrait of that rare thing in the coalition government: a compelling character. New Labour teemed with big, complicated personalities, such as Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and Peter Mandelson. By contrast, the coalition's dramatis personae contain a surfeit of blandly well-rounded types, including David Cameron and Nick Clegg. Osborne is an exception, and yet the public only have the faintest sense of the man. His story is the story of the past two decades of British politics, from the revival of the Tories to the reformation of the state.
- Author BiographyJANAN GANESH is political columnist for The Financial Times. He has previously written fot The Economist.
- Author(s)Janan Ganesh
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication09/10/2012
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBiteback Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width134 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.