Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis biography details the childhood adventures of George Rogers Clark, the older brother of William Clark of the famous Lewis and Clark expedition. George was a courageous explorer and Revolutionary War hero whose bravery and leadership helped win the Battle of Vincennes, saving what would become Ohio, Illiis, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin from British occupation. George's boyhood curiosity and zest for exploration are described, including his adventures while camping, riding horses, and playing with his childhood friend Thomas Jefferson. Young explorers follow George into the woods, where he rescues a baby raccoon, outwits a hapless thief, saves a money bag, and hunts his first deer. Special features include a summary of Clark's adult accomplishments, fun facts detailing little-kwn tidbits of information about Clark, and a timeline.
- Author BiographyKatharine E. Wilkie was the author of five titles in the original Childhood of Famous Americans series from which the Young Patriots were derived. Her books include Mary Todd Lincoln, Simon Kenton, Will Clark, and Zack Taylor. Cathy Morrison is the illustrator for all the books in the Young Patriots series. She lives in Littleton, Colorado.
- Author(s)Cathy Morrison,Katharine E. Wilkie
- PublisherPatria Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPatria Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.