All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is primarily a photographic celebration of the legacy of George and Robert Stephenson, the father and son team in the forefront of the development of the railways, servicing the burgeoning industrial revolution. The life of George Stephenson presents a classic rags to riches tale - from illiterate colliery worker to pit owner and railway magnate. His son Robert combined the best traits of his father's character with new talents of his own to become, rightly, the most feted of the heroic' Victorian engineers. Their transport revolution was made posible through improvements in rail techlogy and, most importantly, the development of the steam locomotive itself.
- Author(s)Chris Morris
- PublisherTanners Yard Press
- Date of Publication14/09/2010
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationGloucester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTanners Yard Press
- Content Note100/photography
- Width240 mm
- Height168 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.