All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
About this product
- DescriptionSince the vibrant production of Carmen at the Metropolitan Opera in New York in 2010, interest has grown in the work's French composer, Georges Bizet. First published in 1991, Christoph Schwandt's biography of Georges Bizet is w widely recognized as the definitive work on the great composer. Drawing on recent research and revised and augmented for the 2011 edition, translated here into English by Cynthia Klohr, Schwandt cleans away the romantic misconceptions that have cluttered earlier assessments of Bizet's life and works.
- Author BiographyChristoph Schwandt has held managing positions at several theaters and at the Salzburg Festspiele. From 2002 to 2009 he served as drama director of the Cologne Opera. He has also written biographies of Guiseppe Verdi and Leos Janacek. Translator Cynthia Klohr teaches philosophy at universities in Karlsruhe, Germany. She has translated several books and essays in philosophy, psychology, the theory and history of science, and music. She is translator for Scarecrow Press of Hans Von Bulow's Letters to Johannes Brahms: A Research Edition (2011) and Hermann Levi: From Brahms to Wagner (2012).
- Author(s)Christoph Schwandt
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication18/04/2013
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 40 black & white halftones
- Weight345 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byCynthia Klohr
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.