Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $116.78Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $98.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe first comprehensive research guide and bibliography to the large literature surrounding the life and work of one of the 20th century's greatest artists, this volume includes information on more than 1,100 books and articles as well as a chrology, biographical sketch, and list of exhibitions. The secondary bibliography is arranged by topic and includes citations on the artist's life and career, his relationships with contemporary artists (tably Picasso), his influence on subsequent artists, his work in diverse artistic media as well as his oeuvre in general, icography, and more. While concentrating on printed materials, this guide also includes selected manuscripts and audio-visual materials. Following a biographical sketch and chrology, the primary bibliography lists articles, essays, letters, interviews, manuscripts, and sketchbooks of Braque. The main part of the secondary bibliography lists mographs, catalogues, dissertations, theses, periodical articles, films, and selected newspaper articles. Substantial book reviews and exhibition reviews are also cited. Arranged by topic, this bibliography includes citations on Braque's career and development as an artist, his relationships with contemporary artists, a section on Braque/Picasso, his influence on other artists, his work in various media including paintings, drawings, prints, illustrated books, papiers decoupes, sculpture, jewelry, theatre designs, and other commissions. Georges Braque first came to world attention as Picasso's friend during the formative years of Cubism. Long overshadowed by his more famous contemporary, in the quarter-century after his death Braque is beginning to be evaluated accurately. Major retrospective exhibitions over the past decade, accompanied by a considerable body of new criticism and scholarship, have brought Braque into the spotlight.
- Author BiographyRUSSELL T. CLEMENT is Fine Arts Librarian at the Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. His previous books include Paul Gauguin: A Bio-Bibliography (Greenwood, 1991), Henri Matisse: A Bio-Bibliography (Greenwood, 1993), and Les Fauves: A Bio-Critical Sourcebook (forthcoming from Greenwood). He also has written extensively for professional journals and is the adviser for Reference Books in Art and Architecture for Greenwood.
- Author(s)Russell T. Clement
- Date of Publication23/03/1994
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleBio-Bibliographies in Art and Architecture
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.