Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers the first detailed look at Braque's experiments with still lives and interiors during this significant time in his career. One of the leading founders of Cubism, Braque employed the genre of the still life to conduct a lifelong investigation into the nature of perception through the tactile and transitory world of everyday objects. Examining a transitional time between Braque's early Cubist works and his late grand series, this catalog considers his paintings within the cultural and political context of Europe during World War II. Reproduced in vivid color, Braque's paintings are accompanied by scholarly essays that explore the rise of Braque's popularity in the US, including his first major retrospective in America and the reception of his work of the early 1930s and 1940s by German and French critics. This volume also offers a behind-the-scenes look at the materials and process employed by the artist as illuminated by an intensive conservation study of select important works.
- Author BiographyKAREN BUTLER is Assistant Curator at the Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Author(s)Karen K. Butler
- Date of Publication25/01/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note120
- Weight1760 g
- Width254 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.