Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a magnificently illustrated exploration of the artistic work of Georges Braque, a founder of Cubism and one of the most important artists of the 20th-century. Georges Braque (1882-1963) was a French painter, collagist, draughtsman, printmaker and sculptor, and is considered one of the most important artists of the 20th-century. As one of the creators of Cubism, along with Pablo Picasso and Juan Gris, and a pioneer of the papiers colles (collage), Braque focused his later work on the methodical exploration of still-life and landscape. He was considered a French painter par excellence, inheriting the classical tradition and also a precursor for the abstraction of the post-war period. This superbly illustrated volume, which covers all phases of Braque's career, highlights everything from his Fouvist period to his later works, with a special emphasis on the most significant phases of his work - including Cubism, the depictions of Kanephoros he created in the 1920s, and the landscapes from later on in his life.
- Author(s)La Fabrica
- PublisherLa Fabrica
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMadrid
- Country of PublicationSpain
- ImprintLa Fabrica
- Content Notecolour & b&w photographs
- Width254 mm
- Height298 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.